by Alan Thornhill
The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard’s, New Year’s Message
The New Year is a time to look with gratitude on the good things of the last 12 months and look forward with confidence to the year that stretches before us.
It’s a time for new hope and new beginnings.
Perhaps a personal resolution like spending more time with family or a big life decision like starting a university or TAFE course or opening a business.
Whatever the New Year holds for you, I trust it will be a safe and happy one.
Let’s also remember that the 1st of January is the anniversary of Australian nationhood.
So let’s also resolve to make this great country of ours even stronger.
Yes we’ve achieved remarkable things in our nation’s journey.
But I firmly believe that even better days lie ahead.
Together let’s make 2012 a year of which every Australian can be proud.
Alan Thornhill is a parliamentary press gallery journalist.
Private Briefing is updated daily with Australian personal finance news, analysis, and commentary.
Wednesday May 22
The Dow Jones Index rose 52.07 points to 15,387.30
At least 24 die in Oklahoma tornado
Unions are seeking a rise of $30 a week in the National Wage Case, which opens today
- Sharon Coulton on Proposed family tax benefit scrapped
- Pete on Rudd government had entered “paralysis:” Gillard
- Liam Knuj on The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard’s, New Year’s Message
- Change is for the better,change is where your heart grows stronger on Family Assistance boost
- Harry on The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard’s, New Year’s Message
|Aud To Usd||0.9701||N/A||N/A|
|Bhp Blt Fpo||35.270||+0.440||+1.26%|
|Macq Group Fpo||45.600||-0.070||-0.15%|
The News This Week
- Slow payers squeeze business
- Paid parental leave? Look again
- What went wrong:Treasury chief explains
- Working smarter works:Swan
- More rate cuts possible
- Employers urge moderation in the national wage case
- The right man for the job? Wrong question!
- Small business:a warning
- Where’s Gonski now?
- Super:the political questions
- Abbott casts a wide net
- Tony Abbott offers “Real Solutions”
- Disability bill passes Parliament
- Investment scam closed
- We’re cashed up and confident, but not buying cars
- Airlines (62)
- Banking (2158)
- Business (2263)
- Communications (50)
- crime (12)
- Disaster (103)
- Economics (2228)
- Environment (100)
- Financial advice (2018)
- Health (81)
- Housing (622)
- Inflation (508)
- Insurance (90)
- Investment (1874)
- Markets (1638)
- Media (117)
- medical (20)
- mining (167)
- pay (70)
- Politics (2206)
- population (73)
- Regulation (915)
- retirement (64)
- Rural australia (100)
- Security (19)
- Social security (229)
- Superannuation (212)
- Tax (350)
- The latest (4)
- Trade (540)
- Uncategorized (334)